Do you have a closet full of clothes and don't know what to do with them? Well, share your entire closet on Poshmark! Sharing your closet on Poshmark is a great way to clear out all the old items you no longer wear. It's also an excellent way to help someone else find something they like in your size.
Sharing your entire closet on Poshmark can be a great way to make some extra cash, and it's a lot easier than you might think. The first step is to create an account with Poshmark and then create listings for each item in your closet. For best results, the bottom-to-top method will help you organize your items into categories that are easy to list on Poshmark.
The top category should be clothes and undergarments, followed by shoes and so on. This blog will go over some of the basics on why sharing is important, along with some tips and tricks on how to easily share your entire closet on Poshmark to keep your listing active and on top of Poshmark.
Why Sharing is Important
If you are a Poshmark consumer, you may have noticed the similarity of the shopping app with social media platforms like Instagram. It is because it was built to have the same engagement as social media while selling or buying an item online. There are engagement metrics such as like, comment, and share for the buyers and the sellers to engage before making a transaction.
For Poshmark sellers, sharing is one of the most important factors in keeping their listing active and on top of the search results page. Sharing increases your activity on the Poshmark platform and plays a vital role with Poshmark Algorithms. In simpler words, the Poshmark algorithm works like this- When you share an item, it will automatically display on top of your followers' feed and search results pages. The more you share your listings gives your a higher chance of being seen by more buyers; if your follower also shares your listing, it will keep on expanding your target market.
A simple rule of thumb on when and what time to share your item on the Poshmark platform is by identifying how often does your target market visits the Poshmark app. If you are offering items for women in the working class, you may want to share your items frequently during weekends or after office hours. The recommended sharing times per day is at least 2-3x to ensure that you maximize your items selling potential and be seen by more Poshers.
Benefits of Sharing Your Closet
One of the best things about Poshmark is that you can share your entire closet with other users. Sharing your closet will help make it easier to sell more items and may also encourage others to purchase items from you! Here are other Pros of sharing your closet on Poshmark:
- Increase Visibility - As soon as you click the “share” button, that item will go on top of the search results page, your follower’s feed, and the discovery page. Giving your listing higher views from people interested in buying that particular item.
- Higher Chance of Selling Quickly - The more views you get, the higher your chance of selling faster. You may put in a detailed description of the item to also fasten the consumer’s buying decision. Doing this will lessen their potential question about the listing and helps them decide faster in buying the item.
- Get Found by More Buyers - Most of the Poshmark consumers already know what they want. Instead of browsing the shopping app, they will search for the brand name or item they are looking for on the search box. The key to staying on top of these searches is by constantly sharing your listing. As soon as you share your item, it will go on top of the search results and be seen by more Poshers ready to buy an item.
- Extra Income - It's a good idea to have a second income stream in case you ever lose your job. You can make an extra $200-500 each month by simply listing clothes on Poshmark and not having to worry about selling them at consignment stores or thrift shops. The benefits of reselling an item that you no longer want or no longer fit will help you have an extra income and save closet space! You can get rid of items that don't fit in the back of your closet in a more sustainable and practical way.
How to Share Your Entire Closet on Poshmark
There are many reasons why you might want to share your entire closet on Poshmark. Sharing is essential for the health of your listing, as it keeps your listing active and on top of Poshmark. It also helps others find clothing that they may not have been able to afford or locate in their area. One proven sharing strategy is by using the bottom-to-top method in attracting more customers and generating more views.
Bottom to Top Method
This method lets you decide which goes on the top of your listing and which items remain at the bottom. Everything that you list, relist, or share goes on top of your closet. At the same time, items you listed first stay at the bottom if you do not share them. This method is an excellent sharing strategy in which item you wish to generate more views and make a sale. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to share an item using the bottom to top method:
How to Share Using Bottom to Top Method
- Step 1: Go to Poshmark Account
- Step 2: Tap your account profile to see the drop-down menu
- Step 3: Click My Closet
- Step 4: Select the Items you want to share
- Step 5: Click the “Share button” to share it with your followers or at a party happening now.
Poshmark 30 Minute Method vs. Bottom-to-Top Method
Poshmark 30 minute method was a system developed in early 2017. It was meant to boost your sales and increase your followers by spending 30 minutes daily on the Poshmark platform accomplishing the tasks below:
- Share 30 items from your feed
- List or relist 3 items
- Follow new users
- Welcome 10 new users
- Return shares and follow back within 30 minutes
The only difference between the two methods is, why is limit sharing an item when you can share them all to boost exposure? Sharing your entire closet from bottom to top increases your visibility more and keeps your feed more organized. Keep in mind that both methods will not guarantee a sale but will help in boosting your shop exposure and helps to turn your views into sales.
Share Your Listing
Poshmark lets you share items to your followers' feed and on a “party happening now.” Poshmark will notify you of the parties happening now, so you won’t miss out on promoting your items to more Poshers browsing the shopping app.
- Share to Followers - In order to share your listing to your follower’s feed, simply go to my closet and click the share button on the items you want to put on top of your closet. Select “Share to Followers,” and it will go on top of your Follower’s feed.
- Share to a Listing to a Party - Aside from sharing it on your follower’s feed and bumping it on top of search results, you can also share your listings to parties happening now or upcoming parties as long as the item is in line with the party theme. Poshmark hosts multiple parties a day and is an excellent sharing strategy for driving sales and engagement within the Poshmark app. For example, you are selling swimwear clothes and other swimming-related items, then you can share them at an upcoming swimwear-themed party.
How to Share a Listing to a Posh Party
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to share your item at a party using the Poshmark mobile app.
- Wait for the party to start.
- Click the “share” button next to the listing you want to share at the party.
- Current Parties will be found on the next screen. Tap “share” next to the Party name.
As long as your item is related to the party theme, it will be added to the party you shared your listings with.
Sharing your closets constantly helps in increasing visibility and a higher chance of making a sale 2-3x faster than not clicking the “share” button at all. Since Poshmark is very similar to social media platforms, a good and aesthetic feed is the key to increasing visibility and making more sales.
Items to Share
If you are a power seller with more than a thousand items in your closet, you know that sharing your entire closet manually is no easy task. Poshmark recently releases a new feature that helps seller share their listings faster using one tap instead of the usual two taps. As a seller, what items should you bump on top of your news feed, and which items should remain on the bottom?
Here are some things to consider when sharing an item in your closet on top of the Poshmark feed.
- Branded Items - As a seller, we want to make the most money out of our listings. If you have a luxury brand or branded product in your closet, you may want to share it on top of your news feed to be seen by more buyers. The key in sharing branded items is always to include the brand name on your listing title. Most often than not, Poshmark consumers already know what particular item or brand they want to buy. Most of them will search for a particular item from a specific brand. Here is a simple formula to help you curate the best Poshmark listing title (Brand Name + Item Name + Style + Category + Color + Size.) For example, you are going to sell your Tory Burch flats. The ideal title would be Tory Burch Minnie Travel Ballet Flats Pink Size 6. This way, you are making it easier for buyers to see your listings once they search for the same keyword, such as Tory Burch flats, ballet flats, Tory Burch Minnie flats, etc.
- Organized by Categories - If you are a seller with multiple items in your closet, you may want to put a mixture of different kinds of items your shop offers. In this way, you can ensure that your buyers will have a good grasp of what is inside your closet. You can choose whether you want to focus on one category or expand your target market by catering to men, women, or kids’ clothing.
- Seasonal Products - This is one great strategy that sellers often forgot to include when organizing and sharing a listing. Timing is the key when selling a seasonal item. Check for an upcoming season and bump your listing on top just on time when people are looking to buy a seasonal item. For example, share your fleece jacket, beanies, sweaters, scarfs, and other winter items for the upcoming winter season. When the season changed, you may want to remain your other seasonal products on the bottom and re-list or share them again when the timing is right!
Does Closet Ordering Matters
An organized closet is aesthetically pleasing, especially for your buyers. But closet order does not really matter when it comes to making a sale. As a seller, you have full control over how you want to manage your feed or which item goes to the top. The same decision goes with which products stay on the bottom and which items get listed on a party happening now. Remember that almost 90% of Poshmark sales are made through a search bar or feed, which is why regularly sharing together with relevant keywords and attributes found on your title listing, and description box matters the most in making a sale and keeping your listings remain active and relevant.
Typically, sharing your closet 2-3 times a day helps keep your listings on top of your follower’s feed and search bar. But for sellers with more than a thousand listings, sharing your listing individually can be very time-consuming. Although Poshmark now has a bulk sharing feature that eases the sharing process and lets you save time sharing your listings with just one tap compared to two taps before. But for sellers with a thousand listings, it will take a lot of time to share, offer to likers and change their prices in order to drive sales. Does this new bulk listing feature really help power sellers make their sharing strategies more efficient?
If you are looking for a quicker and more efficient way to bulk share your entire closet on Poshmark without wasting too much of your precious time tapping the “share” button, it’s time to consider using OneShop’s Poshmark Automation tool. There is no need to manually click the “share” button to put the product you want to stay on top. Our automation tool lets you create grouping listings and automatically share them together on your preferred date and time to drive more sales and make more engagement. No more waiting game! Simply schedule it, and we'll do the work for you.
Now, you can try this automation tool to help you sell faster on multiple marketplaces. OneShop offers a 14-day free trial to our exclusive all-in-one app that’s proven to help marketplace sellers organize their listings, automatically share their listings, list, and cross-list, quickly make drafts, and more.
To learn more about how you can avail of our 14-day free trial (no credit card required!) Visit OneShop.com and start hitting your business goals!