Vinted is a resale platform where people can buy and sell used clothing and accessories. This site provides sellers with an outlet for selling clothes and buyers with access to quality items at affordable prices.
Vinted does not take any commission or listing fee from the sale of goods, so sellers get more money and buyers get lower prices. With no listing or selling fees, many sellers are offering bundles or discount promotions to entice more buyers. As the competition gets challenging, sellers should explore more ways to remain competitive and keep their Vinted listings up-to-date.
This blog will cover everything you need to know to keep your listings updated, including how to edit and reactivate your Vinted listings. We'll also provide other helpful tips to help your listings stand out. Let's get started!
Ways to Keep Your Listings Updated
To stay active and attractive to shoppers, you must know when to revamp or improve your Vinted listing. Here are some things to consider when updating your listing:
- Ensure your product does not belong to the list of prohibited items on Vinted.
- Add at least five clear photos of your item. If it is a popular brand, add authenticity indicators such as the tags, logo, stitches, etc., to display its genuineness.
- Add relevant keywords to your title and description. By doing so, users can easily find your item when searching for a specific product or brand.
- Be detailed and honest in your product description and listing title. You may add close-up photos of the item's flaws, such as color fading, small holes, stains, etc. Make sure to select the item's correct category and package size to avoid paying the excess shipping fees.
- Offer compelling promotions and discounts. Everyone loves a good deal! So providing free shipping when they reach certain quantity or setting bundle prices encourages buyers to buy more.
Since there are no listing or selling fees, you can take advantage of this and upload more items to optimize your profit. Promotions on your items may attract more buyers and increase your chances of making a sale. Just make sure to manage your prices, so you can still get enough profit from selling in Vinted.
How to Edit Your Listings
There are many reasons why sellers may want to edit their listings. The listing might already be outdated, the seller found new flaws in the item they wish to include in the description, or they may want to improve the product images.
Whatever the reason behind the edit, it's essential to know that you can still edit your live listings on Vinted, as long as the items aren't sold yet.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to edit your listing:
- Select My Closet from the left side of the menu screen.
- Tap the item you want to modify, then select the Edit button. After clicking the edit button, a new page will load where you can add or change any information.
- Click the field you want to add, edit, or delete any information. You can also add/delete photos, set a new price, or change the category on this page.
- Once you are satisfied with the changes that you've made, tap the Save Changes to update all the information you edit.
How to Reactivate Your Listings
Another helpful way to keep your listings active and relevant is by reactivating your unsold items. On Vinted, all items that aren't sold after 30 days will be tagged as "Expired" and deactivated on the platform.
Vinted does this to avoid getting overloaded with old items and continually provides buyers with new products on their feeds. This may sound like bad news for sellers with hundreds of unsold listings. But don't worry! Your deactivated listings will not be permanently removed– you just have to reactivate them.
Here's a step-by-step guide on doing that:
- Log in to your Vinted account and select My Closet from the menu.
- Select the items marked as "Expired." You will then be redirected to a new page.
- Click the expired items you want to reactivate
- You can adjust the prices of your reactivated items to attract more buyers, or you can keep them as is.
- Review the items you want to reactivate again. Once you confirm, these items will go live and be ready for purchase.
You will be notified if someone shows interest in one of your expired items. All you have to do is reactivate the item, and Vinted will inform the buyer that the item is back on sale and ready to be purchased.
How Re-Upload Button Works
Many sellers are confused about how to re-upload an item on Vinted. Unlike the edit and reactivating features, you can only use the re-upload button under one condition–when a buyer cancels an order before you send it.
The re-upload button will automatically appear on the conversation screen once the buyer cancels it and will instantly restore your listing with the original photos and information.
In case the buyer wants to return an item, you cannot use the re-upload button and have to create a new listing to sell it again. You can only create a new listing once you receive the returned item.
If you want to sell one of your recent purchases on Vinted, you can ask the previous seller's permission to use their listing photo or take your own pictures and upload them on Vinted. Taking your own photo helps establish your brand name and builds trust with your buyers that you are selling items of your own.
What is a "Low Attention" Notification and Why Sellers Receive This
Have you ever received a "Low Attention" notification and wondered what it is for? A low-attention notice is given to sellers with listings needing improvement to entice more buyers and increase the chance of selling the item.
If you received this notice, you might want to take immediate action as your item will be hidden due to the following:
- The product is not fully visible on your uploaded images
- You have a messy and disorganized photo background
- The product images are blurry, too dark, or poorly lit.
- The uploaded images aren't laid out nicely– The item is rumpled, creased, lying on the floor, etc.
- You are using too many filters/stickers that distort the item's natural color.
- You used a collage for the main picture instead of a single frame that can highlight the full beauty of the item.
To avoid getting these low-attention notifications, ensure to upload clear and informative photos on your listings. Here are other photo tips that can help you sell more quickly:
- Your first photo must contain the entire item.
- Add three or more pictures that indicate the authenticity of your item if it came from a well-known brand.
- Avoid using stock or watermarked images. Buyers will be more confident in buying products that show the item's current condition.
- Take photos using natural light to capture its true colors. Avoid using filters or flash as these distort the item's natural color.
- Take photos from different angles to make the listing more appealing.
- Attach close-up photos of the item's logo, care label, stitching, and other important feature that are not visible in the other images.
- Don't be afraid to show any blemishes or flaws of your item. If applicable, always disclose any flaws or defects on your items. This helps in setting your customer's expectations and driving repeat purchases.
A banner will display on Vinted to remind you in case there's a need to update or improve your listings. These processes may seem complicated and tedious, but it helps your listings stand out and drive sales.
Attract More Buyers with OneShop
Increasing your sales on Vinted and achieving your sales goal can be challenging. You must constantly monitor your listing progress, reactivate the expired items, and improve listings with low attention notifications. Doing these tasks can become time-consuming and tedious, especially if you have hundreds of items in your closet.
Fortunately, an automation service like OneShop offers innovative features and services to help resellers boost their visibility, reach out to more buyers, and explore new ways to make more sales.
With OneShop, you can easily reach out to more audiences by crosslisting to multiple marketplaces and making more sales. It also auto-fills your listing preferences and automatically delists the item once you sell, so you don't have to worry about selling a single item on different marketplaces.
OneShop's becoming more integrated with your daily work both online and offline. So you can focus more on doing important tasks to grow your reselling venture. OneShop provides the most polished automation experience for selling on marketplaces and is not limited to automation.
Besides allowing subscribers like you to automate their daily activities on multiple platforms, you can also manage orders, track sales, set selling goals, and manage all your shipping labels in OneShop.
OneShop is a powerful tool that you can use to help your online business succeed. Experience how this tool can help you save time, optimize your profit, and make more sales without doing more work! Sign-up to OneShop and take advantage of its 7-day free trial with no outright payment!